IN THE MOOD:
- What puts you in a silly mood?* I can get pretty silly with a few gin & tonics in me. I think it’s the lime, because the same thing happens when I have margaritas. Silliness that grows exponentially if the friends I’m with are also in it for a good time.
- What puts you in a creative mood?* Responsibility and a short timeline. I find myself pondering troubling cases at work or seemingly monumental projects in my volunteer work. If they come with a deadline, I get less sleep, but I’m able to think outside the box and come up with brilliant (and not-so-brilliant ideas). Several times yesterday I poked my head into the bosses office and said, “so I was thinking of the XXX case, what do you think of this…? Some ideas work, others require more research and some are just not possible… but the fact remains, creativity is a large part of my daily life.
- What puts you in a competitive mood?* Simple, challenging me in some way. It’s almost like “Back to the Future” only no one has to call me chicken; they just have to challenge my decisions or my ability to complete a task. Something bubbles up in my brain that says, “Oh Yeah? I’ll show you!”.
- What puts you in a contemplative mood?* When I have a decision to make… at work, with a relationship, or a life choice. I become practically a hermit. When I get close to a decision, then I start talking to people about it. Usually, I realize that I’ve already made the right decision for me, I just want to hear it from someone else.
- If you tend to be a quiet person what puts you in a talkative mood? If you tend to be a talkative person, what puts you in a quiet mood?* I can go from quiet –> talkative with a little bit of alcohol and another drunk who is also talkative. And I go from talkative –> quiet when I’m uncertain about what’s going on in my life at the time (this is why my old blog was so active and this one is not-so-much) or if I feel I have embarrassed myself with a member of present company.