Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
- Has anyone ever told you that you resemble a celebrity?
* I’ve actually been told I resemble Richard Gere, I can see it through the eyes, but not much else.
- Is there an actress or actor whose movies you make it a point to see?
* There are several actors that will bring me to the theater, but only one that I dream about…
- We're stopping for refreshments before we go in to see the movie. What's your refreshment stand order?
* Our theater offers a “deal” which includes a jumbo tub of popcorn and a large drink (Coke Zero for me) for $9… for $2 more you can upsize to a vat o’ popcorn and a tanker of beverage… with a FREE catheter!
- When did you last consume an alcoholic beverage? What was it?
* I had a couple Vodka Tonics… maybe 3 (hic) last night.
- Are you jumpy? Do you startle easily?
* Being a survivor of child abuse, I do startle. I’m usually reasonably aware of my surroundings so it doesn’t happen too often.
- Do you wear a watch?
* Generally I don’t because I have nerve damage in my left wrist caused by having a watch ripped from my body during a serious car accident in 2005. But, Daughter #1 bought me a watch for my birthday last year that I have been wearing. Such are the things Daddy’s do for their daughters.
- When was the last time you tried a new restaurant?
* The last one that impressed me enough to stick in my memory was Sushi Ichiban in Portland. The chefs stand behind the counter and load plates onto a train that runs in a circle. The trick is matching the speed of the train when you grab a plate of sushi… last time we were there my friend Kevin derailed the train. He loves it when we tell that story.
- What color is your wallet?
* Black… it’s a hand made leather wallet that belonged to my grandfather. He died in 1979. I’ve kept the wallet in my memento box for all these years because I was afraid I may lose it if I used it. Last year I was shopping for yet another cheaply made wallet when I thought I should start using Grandpa’s wallet.
- How much does it have in coins right now?
* Currently it is devoid of coins… and paper for that matter.