WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER WHEN:
- … you are sick with the flu?
* I’ve only had the flu once in my life and I felt like I was going to die. It occurred over the holiday break during my 2nd year in my undergrad (1989). I actually considered not going back in January. It ended up transforming into pneumonia that lasted into February. Generally, when I am down with a cold or something. I stock up on Tylenol Cold, Ginger Ale, Orange Juice and Vodka. The vodka isn’t part of the regimen (it doesn’t hurt though), it’s just something I like having in the cupboard. In the early stages, I go to work but once it envelops my being I stay home because once it settles in my voice sounds like Barry White just before it disappears completely. I have a pretty deep voice, but once it goes baritone I have to deal with people asking, “Ohmigawd what’s wrong with your voice?” I would just rather not deal with that.
- … you are in a bad mood?
* When I’m in a bad mood the last thing I want to do is deal with people asking if I’m in a bad mood; that just makes it worse. Usually Vodka helps… and pizza.
- … you are alone?
* I love the company of my friends and family, but I covet my alone time as well. If I don’t get some alone time occasionally, bad moods happen. As I’ve posted before, I sometimes just enjoy having no plan, no expectations; just go with the flow.
- … you are sad?
* I tend to internalize my feelings which can lead to feelings of hopelessness. As I gain in personal understanding, I have come to know where the line is and when the line approaches I contact certain friends to help bust me out. It’s good to have friends who know the location of the liquor store.
- … you are mad?
* Same as #2.
- … you are frustrated?
* Same as #2 … like seeing the redundancy of these questions?
- … you are angry?
* Same as #2 …grrr… I need some Vodka… and pizza.
… you are horny?
* That’s why I have a GROWLR app on the phone. If that fails, there’s PORN and my favorite hand.