Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
- Do noisy storms scare you?
* I’ve lived most of my life in rural Eastern Oregon where window-rattling thunderstorms are a normal part of a summer evening. I enjoy sitting out on the porch/deck watching the light show with a glass of wine or a bottle of my favorite Deschutes offering.
- Mother Winters tells us Lena Horne was considered one of the great beauties of the 1940s. Whom do you consider one of today's most beautiful women?
* There are a number of beautiful women that pop to mind… Candace Bergen, Reba McEntire,Emma Stone, Anne Hathaway, but the one that tops the list… Michelle Obama.
- Crazy Sam admits it -- there's a big bag of recycling she really should take out to the bin. Yet she's composing this meme. What should you be doing, instead of answering her questions?
* Showering, getting dressed, going to the store to get supplies for TACO NIGHT.
- Sam may be crazy, but she's not stupid and will never waste her money on Cialis, no matter how many unsolicited emails she receives! What's the most recent addition to your spam folder?
* I entered a contest before Christmas to win an iPad. Most of those things are BS, but this one looked legit. Now I’m left with the subscription to whatever organization was sponsoring the contest. Thus far, no iPad.
- What was the last thing you cooked?
* I put a Papa Murphy’s pizza in the oven, does that count? If not, I made a lentil stew in the crock pot last weekend.
- Do you remember the lyrics to your either your high school or college fight song? If so, please share a bit.
* I remember that my high school fight song was set to the tune of “On Wisconsin” and the opening lyrics were “On Ontario, On Ontario…”
- "Samantha" is the feminine of "Samuel" and means "Listener." What's the derivation of your first name?
* John and it’s various cultural versions (Jean, Ian, Juan, Ivan, etc) is the most popular name on the planet. As I grew up in a hypocritical religious family, I know the religious meaning of my name is “God is gracious”. As I have lived my life, I call bullshit on that.
John is a toilet or the customer of a prostitute… yeah I had fun with that when I was a kid.
There are also some fun definitions according to Urban Dictionary.
- Are you following the NBA or NHL this year? If so, which team are you rooting for?
* I thought the NHL was on strike or lock out again? I am a lifelong Portland Trailblazers fan, but I lost interest in the NBA several years ago. When I do watch basketball, it is the Blazers and it’s rarely for an entire game.
- Gloves, umbrellas, sunglasses, keys -- which of these do you misplace most often?
* I’m an Oregonian I don’t use an umbrella; that’s how we recognize the tourists. Of the given list, I misplace Sunglasses most often. Usually, they are found perched on the top of my head.