Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Stealing: From Suburbia

Today we ripped off a blogger named Another Suburban Mom from the blog Another Suburban Mom. It is 20 questions, She says she got it from Dana. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

***Sorry it took all day to get these posted… they requires some pondering, interrupted by a trip to the mall with three teenagers.***

  1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
    * In the fall of 2002, I found a job working for a radio station in a town 200 miles from where I had been living. I had been unemployed for six months from my social service job due to the Post-911 Recession and by that point was more than willing to look where ever I had to in order to find a job. This move resulted in a trial separation from my wife. During this three month separation I was able to let my true self breathe a bit. But, over Thanksgiving I made a fear-based decision to put “me” back in the closet for the sake of my kids. In January 2003, the family joined me in the new town and thus began the final five year stretch of our marriage. During that period, it was a marriage in name only and very tumultuous.It was a perfect example of once the pain of NOT acting outweighs the pain of acting… change will occur. My ex-wife was (and still is) pretty good at serving up suffering. 
  2. By this time next year, I ...
    * There are a couple projects I’m working on this year that may change my prospects for 2014, otherwise I would imagine things being relatively unchanged. At things sit right now, I don’t see much change as long as I’m living in court ordered poverty (child support).
  3. Do you think the United States  will elect a female President in your lifetime?
    * God I hope so. Men have had 230 years of repeated fuck-ups, give a woman a chance. And I know just the one…Hillary 2016-3
  4. Do you think this would be a good thing?
    * Yeschristopher-meloni1
  5. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
    * Det. Eliot Stabler
  6. Who is your greatest enemy?
    * Me
  7. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
    * A key part of my job is “site visits”  which are mostly along the I-5 corridor. I try to stack them together over a 3-day span so I can hit them all on one trip. The closest one is 180 miles away and the farthest one is 365 miles away. The last enjoyable trip was one to Seattle in October; 248 miles.
  8. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
    * I would say, dictionary.
  9. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
    * Yes, JT… an amazingly creative combination of my first and last initials.
  10. What are you dreading at the moment?
    * I have been seeing a guy in a town about 90 miles away. I need to let him know that the arrangement isn’t working for me and I don’t see a future for “us”. The distance is a minor obstacle, there are other issues causing the red flags to flutter. I do not want to have this conversation on the phone or Instant Messaging, but weather and other circumstances are delaying an in-person chat.
  11. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
    * No… “Be who you are and say what your feel because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter”. – Dr. Seuss
  12. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
    * Because of the size I wear, when I find an outfit I like and it’s ACTUALLY available in my size (or anywhere close to it)… I buy it!
  13. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
    * OMG… the list is so very long.
  14. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?MV5BMTk4NDY2NTA2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjI2Mjg4__V1__SY317_
    * In the 70’s no one knew what ADHD was, to them it was just a willful child that needed to be beat into compliance. Even though my mind was chaotic, I could read. I enjoyed going away to other places, other times. Laying the groundwork for my current level of nerdy-ness I read non-fiction. I rarely lose at Jeopardy. I had an English teacher in high school who challenged me to read fiction, a number of failed attempts later I discovered “The Last Starfighter” a book adaptation of a 1984 film.
    The story chronicled the life of Alex Rogan a teenager living in a trailer park with his mother and younger brother. He played a video game as an escape from what he thought was a dead end life. Unbeknownst to him the game was a test to find starfighters from across the galaxy. One night Robert Preston shows up to take him away to help save a distance world.
    The lesson I got from the book, pursue your passions and they will be a ticket away from an inconsequential life.
  15. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
    * Do I have to pick just one?
    When presented with an adventurous night, Blanche would say, “Oh why the hell not?” and Dorothy would be there to give us the reasons why.
  16. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?best foods mayonnaise
    * Mayonnaise – nothing compares to the taste of Best Foods REAL Mayonnaise.
  17. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
    * I’ll let you know when it happens.
  18. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
    * This may come as a surprise since I have lived most of my life in a rural area; it’s the smell produced by livestock operations. I love going to the county fair, but I avoid the farm animals if I can.
  19. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
    * I don’t like milk, so it always smells bad to me.
  20. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
    * Heading to Portland.
  21. What is the most used item in your home?
    * It has to be this laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...