Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blogging Challenge: Day 1

OK… This time I REALLY mean it.
No, seriously!
Stop laughing…. Hello? Is this thing on?
I’ve been talking about getting into blogging again, I make a post that I think is going to be the one to get me back into the swing of things, then three weeks later… BUPKUS!
Originally, I saw this interesting blogging challenge offered by the incredibly good looking and talented author of West of Mayberry back in January. I thought, “Yes, this will do it”. I set up the special tab you can see above and that’s as far as it went. Yesterday, the equally good looking and talented author of Nice to See Stevie B, called me out as a participant. I’m glad he did that. Sometimes we just need a kick in the ass.

Day 1: Intro and 15 Facts

110420-181256
  1. I spent a good portion of my adult life as a radio DJ.
  2. I had a daily talk show for three years.
  3. I have one sibling… whom I haven’t seen in over 10 years.
  4. I once lost 140 lbs.
  5. I found it again Sad smile
  6. I’ve been to 27 states and one Canadian province.
  7. I have three daughters, a son and an X-wife from a previous life.
  8. My son is everything I wish I was at that age (and he will probably continue to be so).
  9. I am mocked by my co-workers for leaving a tidy desk every night.
  10. I was once investigated by the Secret Service as a threat to a President I now idolize.
  11. I broke my leg falling off my parents house while trying to emulate Clark Griswold’s holiday lighting mastery.
  12. I have very low self-esteem. Maybe that’s why I’m compelled to make a go at blogging again.
  13. I become maniacally devoted to one show at a time. Currently, it is GLEE. The last one was The West Wing.
  14. I get myself into personal “issues” that I am embarrassed to talk about. I’m in one right now. I can look back and see the exact moment I should have known better and I ignored it.
  15. I’m a self-taught football fan.

1 comment:

  1. I see that you left out the following:
    16. You are an awesome friend.
    17. People are drawn to your honesty.
    18. One of the few people that genuinely care about people you barely know.
    19. A very good writer/blogger that I personally have missed reading.

    Cheers John! Keep writting and let the world know the way things really are!

    ReplyDelete

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...