Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blogging Challenge: Day 2

** Turn your attention to yesterday’s post for an explanation.

Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name.

The title of my previous blog, was based on an Adam Savage quote and it seemed to fit the chapter of my life it chronicled. As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve been wanting to start a new blog to chronicle where I am now and where I’m going.
I have always been a political junkie and I fully admit there are aspects of both sides of the political spectrum that has their merits, at this point in my journey on this rock I more closely align myself with the Liberal end of the spectrum. Ergo, Progressive.
When I was in Grad School I enjoyed the writings of Jane Addams. Ms. Addams was a pioneering Social Worker and the first female winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. I was inspired by Ms. Addams quote that you see above.
"Unless our conception of patriotism is progressive, it cannot hope to embody the real affection and the real interest of the nation." --Jane Addams
UPDATE - I have returned to the original name of this blog... it suits my life best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...