Friday, April 22, 2011

Rock n’ Roll Friday: R.E.M.


Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. Like other memes; I’m asked thirteen questions. But, the "twist" is that each week the author of the meme will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of the questions will be based on the lyrics. 

1. MAN IN THE MOON “If you believe, they put a man on the moon…”
What public scandal such as Roswell, Kennedy Shooting, Agent Orange, etc. do you question?

  • I have a problem with conspiracy theorists' in general. What purpose would anyone have in ‘faking’ the moon landing or blowing up the World Trade Center? Although, I  do believe there was ‘something’ going on with the JFK Assassination.

2. RADIO FREE EUROPE “Radio Free Europe, radio free Europe, calling out…”
Have you ever used a shortwave radio or listened to another country’s radio broadcast?

  • My best friend growing up somehow had access to a shortwave radio. When I would spend the night at his house we would play around with it and listen to the voices from around the world.
  • When I was in the Radio business; we would get tapes from Arctic Circle countries who had recorded our AM station. They would describe the equipment they used to make the reception. Usually they would include some trinket or a postcard. I would send them a bumper sticker for their collection. I thought it was nice that they were passionate about hearing my station.

3. IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT “It’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine”
What would you eat if you knew it was the end of the world soon?

  • Clam chowder from Fisherman’s Warf in San Francisco

4. LOSING MY RELIGION “Losing my religion, and I don’t know, oh no I’ve said too much…”
Have you ever said something to someone that was negative about a religion only to find that person was of the faith you were speaking about?

  • All the time. I generally don’t have many positive things to say about religion; mainly because of the way it seems to give people license to be assholes.

5. NIGHTSWIMMING “Nightswimming, remembering that night…”
Have you ever gone skinny dipping at night, or night swimming in a lake, pond, river, beach, pool?

  • Night is the best time for me to go skinny dipping. There’s less of a chance of scaring the humans.

6. THE ONE I LOVE “This one goes out to the one I love. This one goes out to the one I left behind”
Is there a song you hear that reminds you of someone in your past every time you hear it?

  • Of course…. but I can’t think of one right now.

7. STAND “Stand in the place where you work, now face west…”
What was the last childhood game you played as an adult?

  • I had a great day at work today… because I got to play with some kids at the end of the day. We were having fun in the van when I took them home. Once we got there, I did some sweet WWE moves on them that had them giggling hysterically.

8. EVERYBODY HURTS “Everybody hurts, everybody cries, sometimes, sometimes everything is wrong…”
What is wrong right now?

  • That is such a LOADED question; one I don’t feel like answering right now.

9. DON’T GO BACK TO ROCKVILLE “Don’t go back to Rockville, and waste another year”
Where will you never go back to?

  • God help me if I ever consider moving back to Ontario, OR.

10. ORANGE CRUSH “I’ve got my spine, I’ve got my orange crush”
What is your favorite fruit flavor and your favorite way to have it?

  • I love Orange… GO BEAVS!

11. SOUTH CENTRAL RAIN “Did you never call? I waited for your call…”
What was the last call you were waiting for?

  • With spring sports; my kids are understandably busy, but not too busy to send a text message to their old dad.

12. DRIVE “What if you did what if you walked? What if you rocked around the clock?”
What was the last thing you did that took hours and hours to finish?

  • I moved two months ago… there are still boxes that I need to empty.

13. POP SONG “Should we talk about the weather…Should we talk about the government?”
What was the last thing you said about the weather and the government.

  • Weather – It’s getting to be the end of April; we can stop the freezing temperatures every night, OK?
  • Government – While I have made my first financial contribution to the Obama campaign, I am a bit disappointed by his seeming rush to compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...