Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday 9: Losing You

1. Have you ever still been in a relationship that you knew was ending, but you hung in with it anyway? If yes, why?
This was true of both my marriage and my last gay relationship. Both of them had moments when any rational person would have known it was over… but not me. Why not? Because I don’t like change because change brings instability. I have learned many lessons from these two failed relationships and what to do to avoid going down that road again. Lessons which I’m having to consciously remind myself of as I am in the early stages of a new relationship. What are those lessons? Go HERE.
2. Tell why people around the world should be completely enthralled by you.
I’m told (by the someone mentioned in #1)… I’m cute, sweet, my hair looks good no matter what he tries to do with it, a good kisser, I smell good and I’m cuddly. There is more, but I’m not writing everything he said.cfiles19195
3. Other than where you live, what's your favorite city and why?
Portland – Culture, people, shops, bars, FUN!
4. What is something you are really passionate about?
I’m passionate about helping people, it is the common theme though my life. It is the reason I’m a Social Worker. Perhaps, it is the reason my relationships go on past their expiration date; I want to fix them.
5. What has been your most exciting prize that you've won?
I rarely win anything of substance.
We have a local department store here in the NW called BiMart. It’s a “membership” store ($5 for life) that you have to show your membership card for admission... its VERY exclusive. They have a thing called “Lucky Number Tuesday”. They post membership numbers, if yours match, you can win nice things like a digital camera or a piece of furniture. They also have the consolation prize if you number ends in FIVE or something you can get a bag of potato chips or a can of peanuts. It is that consolation prize I have won. WOW… I can feel your envy dripping on your keyboard.
6. Do you think there was there a second gunman behind the grassy knoll?
Who knows… but it’s entirely plausible. I’m sure my government does secret things that would be embarrassing.
7. What was the silliest, most fun, crazy or impractical gift that you received?
One year, for my birthday; I got a laptop dock so the laptop would have a normal keyboard. It was awkward and the process for linking up the laptop with the wireless keyboard was annoying. I’m not sure what happened to it. Maybe it made it to Goodwill?
8. What was the most practical gift that you received?
When the kids are here, it’s tradition to have pancakes or French Toast for breakfast on Sundays. My griddle burned out a few months back, so my kids got me a NICE one for Christmas. Here Dad, make us pancakes!
9. What blogger has been in your blogroll the longest? How did you discover them?
My buddy Rick has had a blog in its various incarnations since 2005 (ish), he’s is my blogfather; meaning, he is the one who got me into blogging. He has two blogs currently… his Professional blog and his Photography blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...