Saturday 9: Dancing with Myself (1980)
- This song is one of Billy Idol's biggest hits. Can you name another?
Seriously? YES…. White Wedding, Rock the Cradle of Love, Rebel Yell, Mony Mony, Hot in the City, Eyes without a Face, Got to be a Lover…
- When is the last time you danced around your home?
- In this song, Billy says he dances with his own reflection. Is there a mirror in the room you're in right now?
Yes, but it’s one of those that has a shelf for knick-nacks and looks like a window.
- Dancing with Myself is also the name of Billy Idol's 2014 autobiography. Let's say you're going to write your life story. What do you title it?
Life is a Bitch… if it were easy, it would be a whore.
- This month, Billy resumes his 2014-15 concert tour in New Orleans. Have you ever been to Louisiana?
Sadly, no…. but it’s on my Bucket List
- In 1980, when "Dancing with Myself" was first popular, VHS players were all the rage. Do you still have yours?
No, the last VCR went to the Blockbuster in the sky several years ago.
- In 1980, The Love Boat was getting good ratings. Have you ever taken a cruise?
Again… sadly, no. But it’s on my Bucket List
- Sally Field won her first Oscar in 1980 for the movie Norma Rae. Five years later she won a second Oscar for Places in the Heart and delivered one of the most quoted acceptance speeches in Academy history. Do you remember what she said?
Everybody in my generation does… You like me… You REALLY like me!
- In 1980, People magazine named Stephen King one of the most intriguing people of the year because he had two big paperback bestsellers -- The Dead Zone and The Shining. Do you have a favorite Stephen King book?
Salem’s Lot, The Shining and Carrie