Sean of “Just A Jeep Guy” used to have a recurring meme called TMI. I usually posted on Thursday, because I do love a bit of alliteration. Something apparently tragic occurred to Sean’s cyber existence in 2014, I hope it resolves and he returns to the interwebs.
On December 26, 2013, I wrote THIS. Just how did my predictions play out?
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!
No resolutions! Just your best hopes and wishes for 2014!
- Most who know me, know that I love movies. There are a number of films coming out in 2014 that I’m looking forward to seeing.
- February – Robocop –Didn’t see it. I heard it was a stinker.
- March – 300: Rise of an Empire
--Didn’t see it.
- April – Captain America: Winter Soldier – Saw it… LOVED it!
- May – X-Men: Days of Future Past, Maleficent –Saw it… LOVED it!
- July – Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Jupiter Ascending (it has Channing Tatum) – I had some stuff going on in my life in July, I’ll post about it later this week. I didn’t see either of these. But, Planet of the Apes is available On Demand, so that one will be remedied.
- December – Annie – I was looking forward to seeing this movie when I was just a concept. The more clips I see the less I want to see it. Even the great Jaime Foxx cannot touch Albert Finney’s performance and Cameron Diaz should have her performance erased from her resume.
I did see quite a few movies in 2014, stay tuned for the post that results from opening the 2014 Happy Jar.
- I’m sorry, I have no expectations of either party as 2014 is an election year. Which is saying something after the clusterfuck that was 2013. – No expectations… TONS of disappointment!
- On the marriage equality front; between court cases and the ballot box equality will spread across the nation. – And it did… 36 states and counting! I finally got one right!
- The Sochi Winter Games will become an international Pride Festival. – It kinda did. Many delegations and individual athletes brushed aside Putin’s backwards anti-gay policies and openly demonstrated their support for equality.
- There will be a fuller post regarding my personal goals for 2014 next week. That being said, my annual goal remain the same from year-to-year… I will continue to seek out ways to improve myself professionally, physically and emotionally so that I am a better human at the end of 2014 than I was at the beginning. – I definitely improved myself professionally. I won a promotion to a supervisory position at my place of employment. That was worth quite a few entries in the Happy Jar.
- My best friends live too far away… my goals for the year is to make time to spend time with them on a more frequent basis.—I had a couple opportunities in 2014 to spend some good times with friends in Portland and Boise. Seattle is definitely on the To-Do list for 2015.
- I am constantly reminded that my time with my kids is short and I’m not the one who controls the narrative of how they regard me; that is totally under the control of my X. I hope to take the time to make the most of it as I have another child turning 18 in 2014. I’ve got a plan on in the hopper for Spring Break. I’m hoping that the pieces fall into place. We haven’t been to the coast in two years. –The plan over spring break didn’t happen. The Boy turned 18 last week, that leaves me with just one minor child. I did get moved to Pendleton in 2014, but a disastrous romantic (snort) entanglement sucked the joy out of his final football season. The positive thing to being back in the same town as my kids allows them to pop by when the feeling strikes them. Actually, my eldest daughter has moved in with me. We try to make the best of it.
- meh… I’ve got nothing. Sorry Sean. – Still nothing.
- It is my hope that I will continue to improve myself and become the person that I would want to be with… hopefully, someone else would feel that way too… it would be awesome if that person were Ian Parks from Where the Bears Are. – Good God! Right after I moved back to Pendleton, I met a guy and even though I tried to keep an eye on the fluttering of red flags, he moved in with me and it took almost three months to get him out. He was a good looking TALL, black man… but being a controlling, paranoid, suspicious asshole cancels out the physical ‘attributes’ one would think comes along with being a tall black man. In my mind, romance takes place in the mind and in life outside the bedroom. So… Ian… I’m still available.