Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Stealing: Random XV

keep-calm-and-be-random-106

Random XV

Wantonly stolen from: That Forthright Girl

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

  • I have a pair of Birkenstock knock-offs that are 5-6 years old. They really need to be tossed, but they are convenient to have around when I need to slip on something to run outside.

2.girl Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

  • I buy Girl Scout cookies EVERY year. Mainly because I’m a sucker for kids selling things. I always get Samoas and Thin Mints. The last couple years I’ve added Savannah Smiles to my mandatory order, they are delicious with the morning coffee.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance?

  • Um… no

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

  • Reasonably so… I had my moments.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

  • American Hustle – Yes
  • Captain Phillips – Yes
  • Dallas Buyers Club – Yes
  • Nebraska – No
  • Philomena – No
  • Gravity – Yes
  • 12 Years a Slave (winner) – No
  • The Wolf of Wall Street – No
  • Her – No

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

  • Honestly, its easier to have it done. Watching someone else get any kind of medical (or dental) procedure makes me feel ookie inside.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

  • Saturday – It’s generally a day of personal choice and there is Sunday there to serve as a buffer between you and another week at the grindstone.

8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?

  • You’re the best caseworker I’ve ever had.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy? ikea

  • No

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?

  • IKEA

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

  • Yes, Best Foods Mayonnaise and Jiff Peanut Butter. Store brands just don’t cut it when it comes to those two.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

  • The latter. Generally, when you are telling someone how you feel, you’ve worked up the courage to do just that. When you are being confronted, it’s much harder to hear and therefore harder to look the person in eye.

13.toot horn What’s one thing you’re deeply proud of — but would never put on your résumé?

  • My entire life, I was told I would never amount to anything or that I wasn’t smart enough. So I endeavor to prove those people wrong; it is what drives me toward success and it is also what drives me to make sure my every accomplishment is known. I was recently told that may backfire in some circumstances. When in an interview situation, I can and do speak of my accomplishments. I have a couple interviews in the pipeline this summer, I will need to revamp my sales pitch to see if I can tone it down. I fear that if I don’t sell myself, who will?

14. What’s the most out-of-character choice you’ve ever made?

  • OMG… this is something that is a daily battle. My tendency is that I do what I believe is expected of me. On top of that, I say what was expected. In the end I was lost… I couldn’t keep my opinions straight (snort) in my mind. As I was approaching 40, I couldn’t take it anymore, there were many shocked people.
    After five years, I don’t suffer fools and I say what I mean and mean what I say… for the most part. I wonder if it’s been worth it? I have lost many ‘friends’ and I don’t have a romantic partner. On the positive…  I have lost the feelings of self-loathing, multiple anti-depressant prescriptions and some really lousy people… on balance. I feel I’m better off. Although, a cuddle buddy would be AWESOME!

15. What’s your personal anthem or theme song?

  • I love music. It has always been my escape, speaking the words I wasn’t strong enough to say myself or giving my hopes and dreams a voice. Many of the songs of Queen serve that purpose… These are the Days of Our Lives, It’s a Kind of Magic, and of course… Bohemian Rhapsody. The last several months, Kenny Chesney’s Beer in Mexico has been my ringtone.

“to old to be wild and free.. too young to be over the hill… So I’ll sit right here and have another beer in Mexico… let the warm air melt these blues away”

  • I’ve been wanting to change it to “Let it Go” from Frozen, but I felt that would be just TOO GAY… Until I found this…

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...