- My family is filled with veterans, My Dad (Army) and Uncle (Navy) are Vietnam vets, my Papa was a WWII Navy Corpsman. I did not serve, but I have the utmost respect for those who have, especially those who have served over the last 12 years of non-stop war on behalf of our corporate overlords, and not the Republic. It is really sad that people aren’t more pissed off that their sons & daughters died on behalf of Halliburton and Bechtel and Blackwater and not for We The People.
2. Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food?
- Anything grilled… and homemade potato salad.
- I’m into the Ben & Jerry’s Lemon Blueberry Yogurt right now. But my decadent choice is Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter.
4. This marks the weekend when Americans step up their outdoor activity and do things they may not have been able to do during the winter months. For example, when is the last time you rode a bike?
- When I was younger I loved riding my bike. As I gained, and gained more weight; the bicycle was sold years ago. Since I’ve lost so much, I am hopeful to get into riding again. It was my goal to buy a bike this season, it hasn’t happened yet, but then the summer isn't over yet.
- Same as the last answer, I love to hike, I love the outdoors… the picture is when The Boy and I hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls in 2008.
6. Or rode a horse?
- I haven’t rode a horse since I was a kid. It is my belief that the goal of every horse is to get the human off their back and will do whatever they can to achieve that goal… run fast, walk under low branches, etc.
7. Or toasted a marshmallow?
- Marshmallows are toasted at any opportunity.
8. As you answer these questions, is there an air conditioner or window fan on?
9. Crazy Sam needs your help: What song or a performer would you like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
- I’m seeing Train, Fitz and the Tantrums and Sir Mix-A-Lot at the Boise Music Festival this summer. I’m sure those could inspire a theme or two.