Thursday, December 12, 2013

TMI Thursday: The War on Christmas

Don-Chooi-Santa-Claus-drawing-illustration-erotic-gay-bear-daddy-1Sean at Just a Jeep Guy started it, now all the cool kids are doing it

THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS 2013

  • Which religion or faith do you belong to, if any?
    • I am a recovering evangelical. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ to love your neighbor and ‘do unto the least of these’. My charitable giving and volunteer work reflects that. A wholly foreign concept to the clubhouse christiansists. The religiosity of some forced on others this time of year without action or deed backing it up makes me cranky.
  • What is your opinion of Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays?
    • I get an allergic reaction to issues that cause some to get their panties in a twist. I use both, whatever feels right in the moment.
  • Holiday music on the radio? When and how much?
    • On the radio? No… I cannot control the banality of the “holiday” tunes they air. I get a facial tic if I hear ‘Santa Baby’ or ‘Christmas Shoes’. Therefore, I have built a Holiday music playlist in iTunes that has a beautiful selection of Bing, Perry, Elvis, Michael Buble, and others.
  • When do you start decorating? Do you?
    • I have done zero decorating at home this year. I learned last year that siting alone amongst holiday finery is rather depressing. Putting up a tree and lights alone, staring at them alone and taking all down alone is highly depressing. I will have two of my children for Christmas this year, but I’ll be house sitting for some people that have their home decorated, so you can say I’m borrowing Christmas this year.
  • White lights or multi colored?
    • White lights are for fancy people and for those Festival of Trees events with the color coordinated ornaments that follow a theme. I generally describe my tree as eclectic with sports related ornaments, child made artwork, souvenirs of places I’ve traveled and miscellany. 
  • Gift cards, cash or actually shopped-for presents?
    • I like shopping for things that I think my friends and family will enjoy.
  • Christmas cards and or family update letters are... 
    • I enjoy getting them. In the era of Facebook, we mostly know about the lives of our friends and family. But it’s nice to know that I’m on their minds during the holiday season.
  • Snow is...
    • Pretty… for a short time. Then it’s just cold and treacherous. I’m already looking forward to April.
  • Have you been a good little boy this year?
    • Yes, just not for the right person apparently.
  • RAPID FIRE FAVORITES:
    • FoodThe usual holiday fare… I like a ham for Christmas with scalloped potatoes. 
    • Dessert -- Homemade Holiday Treats… Russian Tea Cakes, Fruit Cake, peanut butter balls, rum cake, and divinity.
    • DrinkHot buttered rum, peppermint mochas
    • Holiday movieMuppet Christmas Carol, Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, and A Christmas Story
    • Holiday musicI love the classics, but there are some modern artists who fall into that genre.
    • Holiday traditionI try to maintain traditions since the divorce, but it’s been difficult; adding to seasonal depression. Frankly I’m always relieved when January 3rd rolls around and normalcy returns.

i-saw-daddy-kissing-santa-clausBONUS

  • Christmas sex: What have you done under the mistletoe?
    • When I was married, Christmas was always a stressful event, I don’t remember sex ever being on the agenda. In the four Christmases since, I’ve only been romantically involved once on Christmas day. It was very nice.
  • Have you caught daddy kissing Santa Claus?
    • Sadly, no.
  • Have you done it a Santa suit?
    • LOL… No
  • Did you come down the chimney?
    • Yes, we both did.
  • Just how merry have you made Santa's helpers?
    • I’ve heard no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...