Thursday, December 19, 2013

TMI Thursday: Call Me

Sean at Just a Jeep Guy started it, now all the cool kids are doing it.

CALL ME

  • Do you still have a land line?
    • I hadn’t had a land line since 2002 until I called to renegotiate my cable/internet package during the Fall of 2012. They offered to give ma landline for a “Great Deal”. I tried to resist, but they wouldn’t budge. I took the land line for one year. In that year, all I got from it was telemarketers and bill collectors to previous holders of that number. When I called this past fall to renegotiate my “deal” with the cable/internet provider I got an even better deal without the land line.
  • droid razrWhich cell phone do you use and why?
    • I have a Droid Razr HD because it’s SUPER cool. I like the battery life and I’ve always had good luck with Motorola products.
  • Which provider do you use? Is there really a difference?
    • I use Verizon. Living in a rural area, it serves me well with few dropped calls. The only provider I’ve had a bad experience is Sprint, but that was 10+ years ago, so I don’t know if they still suck. But they do have great ads. totes
  • If you call someone and they don't pick up, do you leave a message?
    • Nope
  • When you have a missed call (with no message), do you call the person back?
    • Nope
  • Do you txt willingly or reluctantly? How are your skills?
    • Willingly? It depends on the person. I do my best to respond quickly. Sometimes when I’m at work that can be a challenge.
  • Has your cell replaced your camera?
    • It has. I ran across my Canon Sure Shot the other day. The battery didn’t have a charge so I put it back where I found it. I’ll run across it again someday. 121413
  • Selfies....
    • I’m taking them regularly to document the change in the size of my body. I took some shirtless shots that I will unveil when there is an “after” shot to go with them. This is me last Sunday, 64 lbs. lost.
  • How many apps do you have? Which is your favorite and why?
    • I’ve honestly never counted them… there are quite a few. The ones I use most frequently are on one of 5 screens, while the less frequently used aps (like the Portland Tri-Met app) are in the background folder.
    • My favorites are Foursquare, OregonLive, Facebook, a wordfind game and Growlr.
  • What would life be like with no cell/smart phone for one month?
    • Very lonely. It is my primary… hell, it’s my only connection to long distant friends.

BONUS

  • How much has your cell phone become a part of your sex life?
    • OMG ObamaAs I do not have a current relationship, it is my connection to the occasional tryst.
  • Sexting
    • There are a couple guys who participate is a little explicit texting… it has been known to make the workday move along.
  • hookup apps
    • Growlr is my friend
  • selfies
    • Usually part of sexting
  • video
    • There are a couple videos known to exist.
  • GPS
    • Growlr uses GPS
  • more?
    • What more could you want?

1 comment:

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...