My blog-buddy, Sean at Just a Jeep Guy started it, now all the cool kids are doing it (The ones I know about are listed in the sidebar).
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY:
- What do you think of Valentine's Day?
* Claire sums it up perfectly. If that isn’t enough, there’s this…
- Are you romantic?
* Absolutely. It is one of the typical qualities of a Cancerian.
- Candy or Flowers?
* I abhor the whole concept of Valentine’s day. It says that since you don’t think about doing things or getting gifts for your lover the other 364 days, you should spend $60/dozen for roses when they’re $20 any other time of the year and you should buy 10 lbs of chocolate and spend $50 on an obscenely large stuffed gorilla. Oh and you should rent a limo, and buy lobster for dinner… basically it is the same pointless consumerism and guilt that goes with Christmas without the religious underpinnings.
- What is Valentine's Day like when you're single?
*Its like any other Thursday. Only you can’t go to any grocery store because desperate men are all clogging up the check stands with overpriced flowers and ridiculously large boxes of candy or stuffed animals.
- What do you plan on doing this Valentine's Day?
* At work I’ve got to prepare adoption reports on two clients. Since it’s Thursday, I’ll be doing the next TMI Thursday and watching Big Bang Theory and Glee.
- Your relationship is ending, do you break up before or after?
* Before… so that there is not the obligatory ‘discussion’ that comes with my opinion over this contrived ‘holiday’.
- What was your WORST Valentine's Day?
* I have zero expectations.
- What was your BEST Valentine's Day?
* One time my X-wife sent a flower to me at work.
Do you expect to have sex because it's Valentine's Day
When I’m seeing someone I expect sex most days. If we’re going to buy into the Valentine's dogma… it better be so head board rattling sex that I’m walking funny for a few days.