Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday 9: The Way We Were



  1. In honor of Valentine's Day next week, what's the most romantic movie you can think of? * What About Bob? – The way Bob and Lily get together in the end against all odds, allows me to think maybe there’s someone out there for me. My overall opinion of Valentine’s Day can be found HERE.
  2. The Way We Were was a tearjerker. Do you think that most real-life love stories end in heartbreak? Or do you believe in happily ever after?* Yes, I believe in it, but “happily ever after” is a daily thing. You can have a long-term view of pointing your rocking chairs toward the sunset years, but if you aren’t romancing your partner during the daily grind, those golden years aren’t going to be much to look forward to.
  3. What's your favorite love song?* This version of You Belong with Me…
  4. In 1993, Barbra Streisand married actor James Brolin, who first became famous as Dr. Steven Kiley on Marcus Welby, MD. Who is your favorite TV doctor?
    * Dr. Doug RossDD17838D75DAF09E91719785827E1C
  5. In 2012, Streisand renewed her contract with Columbia, where's she's been recording since 1963. So she's been with the same label for fifty years! Where have you worked the longest, and how long was that? * I worked for a community mental health organization for over six years. I started as a weekend staffer at a group home and ended up as the manager of a similar facility.
  6. Sam Winters (author of this meme) once worked as a hostess in a chic bistro in Worcester, PA. That's why she frequently gets frustrated by bad service in restaurants -- she's certain she could make it run more smoothly. Where do you find yourself getting annoyed most often?
    fox-newsfaux-news-poster* The people who gleefully wallow in ignorance and the “public officials” who pander to their idiocy.
  7. Have you ever taken a polygraph test?
    * Nope
  8. Crunchy, smooth or organic peanut butter? * Extra Chunky Jif… nothing is better.
  9. Describe your favorite sweater.* I’m a fat man… they shouldn’t wear sweaters.

11 comments:

  1. I remember Dr Kiley but Mark Harmon on St Elsewhere was my favorite.
    I went to grad school in Worcester from 89-91.
    I like extra chunky too but not peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clooney was the first one that popped into my head, Mark Harmon was good too.

      Chunky? Too bad you're on the other side of the country (wink)

      Delete
  2. I love your answer to #2. Daily love is needed for long-term love. It's something that should be common knowledge but rarely is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like Lisa Loopner's version even better than Babs'. "So it's the laughter we will remember/whenever we remember/the way we were." Gilda Live is just completely adorable! Thanks for including that clip. Have you ever seen her sing "Honey, Touch Me?" It's available on youtube, too, and definitely worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore everything Gilda does (did). Emily Littela is a frequent feature in this blog and on my Facebook.

      Delete
  4. Extra chunky sounds intriguing...
    Loved your sweater answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wearing a sweater when you're already packing a layer of padding is just gilding the lily.

      Jif Extra Chunky is also the best for making PB Cookies.

      Delete
  5. Great answers, and I love the vid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Prince Charming is out there somewhere... the poor fool is probably lost.

      Delete
  6. Thank you April. You're pretty brilliant as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your #6! Brilliant, indeed. :-)

    Ahh...Dr. Ross...~sigh~. I was so upset when he left ER, and I squealed like a preteen at a NKOTB concert when he made his brief appearance at the end of the episode in which Nurse Carol left ER.

    ReplyDelete

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...