1. Boxers? Briefs? Boxer briefs? Thongs? Bikinis? Commando? – Boxers
2. What’s your fussiest personal care routine? – Trimming my beard and hair. I like having the beard, but I don’t want to look like I could fit in at a Doomsday Prepper convention.
3. Do you have a favorite tool? Power or manual? – My favorite tool is fully automatic baby… my smart phone.
4. Can you change your own oil? Do you? – I can, but I don’t. I’m a job creator.
5. What’s the “manliest/womanliest” thing you do on a regular basis? – You shouldn’t assign gender stereotypes and judge individuals on your determination on how much they meet that standard. There are children, and sometimes adults who endure a living hell at school and at work from people who feel it necessary to taunt and terrorize them because they fail to meet this standard. I know this from personal experience. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind, don’t matter”.
6. What’s something “manly” that you never learned how to do? – I didn’t go hunting until I was in my 20’s, I don’t see the point when there is perfectly tasty meat available to me down at Safeway.
7. Do you ever cry? If so, what’s your trigger? – I become verklempt over military homecoming’s, emotional movies/TV shows… Holiday ad’s for Folger’s,
8. Do you have a chivalrous streak? How does it manifest itself? – My Mama taught me to hold open doors, say Sir or Ma’am and plus, being considerate of others is just a healthy way to live… until they treat you like crap, then it’s GO TIME!
9. Do you have a chauvinistic streak? How does it manifest itself? – “I'm smart, you're dumb; I'm big, you're little; I'm right, you're wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it.” A quote from the movie “Matilda” (also one that makes me tear up"). I do have a tendency to believe I’m right.
10. What’s your favorite movie? – For that answer… go HERE.
11. What’s the dumbest, testosterone-inspired thing you’ve ever seen? – The GW Bush Administration.
12. What quality do you think makes a good man good? -- Do you have that quality? – See answer 8… I think there is a fine line between being an honorable individual and being a dick. I try to be honorable, but I can be a dick if the circumstances are right.
13. Toilet seat up or down? – My cats like to jump up on the counter in the bathroom to watch me do my routine. One time, the toilet was open and they got wet… nothing is sadder/funnier than a moist kitty. I put the seat down for their safety and because it just makes the bathroom look tidy.
14. If your significant other is away, do you cook for yourself or eat out of cans and boxes (or rely on local drive-throughs and delivery)? – I am fully capable of cooking.
15. What societal expectation of being a man / women do you most resent? – The one that says that men shouldn’t show emotions, they should be into hunting and guns, or men cannot be crafty. On Halloween a co-worker and I pulled a prank on our supervisor. The next morning there was discussion on who had perpetrated this ‘crime’, someone suggested that it could have been me. The boss replies, “No, not John. He’s not crafty enough”.
16. What’s the best part - societal-wise - about being a man / women? – Men get to do all the war mongering, subjugating of marginalized populations, raping and pillaging of societal groups, and the bug killing. Women get to be bitches and blame it on a natural cycle.
17. Will you stop to ask for directions? – No, my GPS does just fine.
18. What’s one thing about your significant other that you just cannot understand, no matter how hard you try? – I cannot understand why I don’t have one… I’m a catch!
19. What do you need to have in the shower? – Hot water, soap, shampoo…. what else is needed?
20. Do you burp/fart/scratch? Do you do anything stereotypically male? – If you don’t burp/fart… you’ll explode and that will be a challenging clean-up even for Oxy Clean.
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!