Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
- Do you ever suffer the blues during the holidays? I suffer anxiety because I don’t give two fucks about the pressure of commercialization that causes people with a limited budget to feel like losers because they can’t afford to spend $500 per person for those they are “supposed” to buy gifts. So basically, I wish it were January 3rd and jump over the whole fucking thing.
- More than 18 million visitors have toured Elvis' home, Graceland. Have you ever been there? No
- Elvis dyed his naturally light brown locks black. Do you dye your hair?I’ve thought about it. I don’t feel like someone who would have gray hair.
- He also insisted his young girlfriend, Priscilla, dye her hair jet black. If your lover asked you to change your hair, would you? Yes
- Elvis served his country at an Army base in Friedberg, Germany. Have you ever been to Germany? No
- Elvis famously had an affair with Ann-Margret during the filming of Viva Las Vegas. Have you ever indulged in a dalliance with a coworker? Ewww… No!
- Thinking of his movies ... Elvis was, by and large, unhappy with his film career and once said, "The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one." Are you happy with the way your career is going/has gone? Yes. I’m working in a field I’m passionate about. I hope to one day to actually do work I’m proud of.
- Elvis lost "the battle of the bulge" toward end of his life. Are you happy with your weight? No, I haven’t met anyone who is.
- As a teenager, Elvis worked as an usher at a movie theater. What was your first job? I was a dishwasher at a buffet restaurant. It was the grossest experience ever! I still have flashbacks from having to clear the walk-in of rotting chicken after a power outage.