Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday 9: Blue Christmas

220px-Elvis_Presley_Blue_Christmas_2Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 

  1. 4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_fucks_i_giveDo you ever suffer the blues during the holidays? I suffer anxiety because I don’t give two fucks about the pressure of commercialization that causes people with a limited budget to feel like losers because they can’t afford to spend $500 per person for those they are “supposed” to buy gifts. So basically, I wish it were January 3rd and jump over the whole fucking thing.
  2. More than 18 million visitors have toured Elvis' home, Graceland. Have you ever been there? No
  3. Elvis dyed his naturally light brown locks black. Do you dye your hair?I’ve thought about it. I don’t feel like someone who would have gray hair.
  4. He also insisted his young girlfriend, Priscilla, dye her hair jet black. If your lover asked you to change your hair, would you? Yes
  5. Elvis served his country at an Army base in Friedberg, Germany. Have you ever been to Germany? No
  6. Elvis famously had an affair with Ann-Margret during the filming of Viva Las Vegas. Have you ever indulged in a dalliance with a coworker?  Ewww… No!
  7. Thinking of his movies ... Elvis was, by and large, unhappy with his film career and once said, "The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one." Are you happy with the way your career is going/has gone? Yes. I’m working in a field I’m passionate about. I hope to one day to actually do work I’m proud of.
  8. Elvis lost "the battle of the bulge" toward end of his life. Are you happy with your weight? No, I haven’t met anyone who is.
  9. As a teenager, Elvis worked as an usher at a movie theater. What was your first job? I was a dishwasher at a buffet restaurant. It was the grossest experience ever! I still have flashbacks from having to clear the walk-in of rotting chicken after a power outage.

5 comments:

  1. #9 - ewww, yucky!!! Love that you're passionate about your work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I experienced an involuntary shudder after I read your response to #9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wish I could sleep through December. We're actually leaving for California the day after Christmas to celebrate the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, but terribly unattractive co-workers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gross...#9 made me a bit nauseous.

    ReplyDelete

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...