Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday 9: Nobody Told Me

1. When you grew up were you ever told how to deal with problems?

I don’t believe I was ever told how to deal with problems, but I was certainly shown. I was shown that the best way to deal with problems was to fret about them until there was little to be done about the issue and then bemoan the consequences. Even though I do endeavor to deal with my problems in an adult fashion, I find myself falling into their way of life… thanks dad!

2. What was your first apartment like?

It was pretty basic; 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom… it was upstairs from a family with a bitchy mother. They complained anytime we had friends over and even called the cops on us a few times.

3. What was the first car you owned?

A 1964 AMC Rambler Classic

1964_Rambler_Classic_770

This is not a picture of my actual car, but this is what it looked like; sans custom wheels. I have this pipe dream that someday I will find this car and restore it to jaw-dropping glory.

4. Tell us about a crush or relationship that you had at high school.

As is the case with many a closeted rural high school student, I had some serious crushes on certain members of the football team. I did have a girlfriend during my senior year. I was so socially clueless that I didn’t know how to have a relationship (with either sex).

5. Have you ever had an “enemy” in your life?

As it turns out, my biggest enemy is me. I’ve learned that the people I obsess over most likely don’t think of me as much as I think of them.

6. What were you doing the first night that you got drunk?

Drinking… duh!

7. Ten years ago, what was you job and did you like it?

2002 – I started the year working for a Community Mental Health agency doing Community Support for clients in the… community. I liked it a lot. It was cut due to the post-9/11 recession. I went back into the radio business, but kept my eye on social work jobs. In 2006, I went back to work for the same Mental Health agency.

8. What movie had the biggest impact on you as a child and why?

The Last Starfighter – Granted, it came out when I was a Freshman in high school; but I really identified with that movie. A guy, stuck in a small community thinking he was never going to escape until Robert Preston shows up one night and not only gets him out of the small community, but makes his life mean something.

9. What are your plans for this weekend?

Relaxing and recharging after a hectic week at work. I’ve got a free weekend of Showtime on the cable; so I’ve got several movies checked for a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...