Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy PRIDE Month

It has been five years since I began to live the Shakespearian mantra, “To thine own self be true”. It’s not always easy; sometimes you start to think it would be easy to be just as others expect you to be. Life is better today than it was then, and it will continue to get better. Be who you are… be true to yourself… and, as a show of PRIDE… be there for someone who is struggling to ‘be true’.

Kelly's PRIDE 2014 CHALLENGE!

After last years lack luster participation in the PRIDE CHALLENGE, I thought I would give it a rest this year, but with all that has happened since then, I am throwing it out there again.  Please take the picture above and post it on your blog, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media and link it to me or message me, so I can recognize those who participate.  We have had a huge movement in the last 12 months in favor of equal rights and marriage equality across the country and this picture I took years ago, I think, brings it all together.  We have Pride, and we are Americans and we can live together as a country.  Regardless of religious beliefs, we all know people that we love who may not like the LGBT lifestyle, but love their family who may be a part of our community. So many things have happened in so many states and courts in the past year, we need to really celebrate this June's Pride Month.  If you post the picture or see it somewhere, please let me know and I will link it to this post as it will be at the top of my blog for the month of June. When I first did this many years ago, I had over 100 people post the picture.  This year, please help me make it 1000.  Whether it be Facebook or some other social media... let me know so I can recognize and add to the list on a daily basis with a link or without a link.... Show me who is supporting this massive movement across the country this year... speak out and I will link to you and also, if you have your own Pride Picture, I will post it, just send it to me. 2014 is our year... let's make it a great one!!!  Thank you for your support over the years!!!  We are getting there....

Those who have posted and shown support (so far)t:
1: Mrs. Richardson on her Facebook, Pintrest and Twitter-Thank You!!
2: Mac at Yummy of the Day
3: Anne Marie in Philly (hugs my dear) at From My Brain to My Mouth
4: Jay in Virginia
5: Nicheva on blog and tumbler
6: Sean at Idle Eyes (smooches my friend)
7: Java at My Life or Something Like It
8: Helen over at Eclectic Potted Histories
9: The Cajun
10: Robert at Welcome to the Middle Ages
11: Buddy Bear (grrrrr)
12: Sean over at Sean the Jeep Guy  (also posted on his other websites and social media... Smooches)
13: Mark Harshbarger on his Facebook page and over at his blog
14: Urspo at Spo-Reflections
15: Erick Rubright at Gambrinous with Griffonage
16: Upton King

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...