- Let's get the obvious out of the way: Have you ever been to Seattle?
** Yes, I’ve visited several times in addition to earning my undergrad degree from a small religious college there in 1995.
- Businessweek named Seattle one of the best places to live, citing its clean air, low crime and high employment. What makes your current hometown a great place to live?
** Nothing… except that I have a great job here. If I could get a “great job” in Seattle, or Portland… that would be GREAT.
- In this song, Bobby brags about how green Seattle is. Is it still green where you are? Or are the trees beginning to show their fall colors?
** It’s only green here for a couple months in the spring.
- This song was the theme of a 1968-1970 show called Here Come the Brides. Do you know the words to any other TV theme?
** Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang!
- Bobby Sherman was once America's #1 teen idol, selling millions of records and earning 5 Gold Albums. Girls who wrote to his fan club received a postcard back signed, "Peace, Love & Bobby Sherman." Have you ever belonged to a fan club?
** I’m in the OPB sustaining circle, does that count?
- Alas, the career of a teen idol can be short, and by fall 1970, Bobby was replaced on magazine covers by David Cassidy. Sherman went on to a second career with the LAPD, instructing officers in CPR and first aid. Do you know how to perform CPR? The Heimlich Maneuver?
** I’ve let my CPR certification lapse, so you shouldn’t leave your life in my hands. But I can still Heimlich the hell out of you.
- The "disc" you see at right is actually made of cardboard and was printed on the back of a Post Alpha-Bits cereal box. It was apparently quite common back in the day. This was one of four that Post printed on different cereals back in 1970 so that Bobby-loving little girls would have to go through lots of different cereals to collect the whole set. What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
** I go through cycles with cereal. Currently, I’m into Raisin Bran Crunch.
- Crazy Sam (the author of this meme) can't decide if she wants berries or banana slices with her cereal. Which would be your choice?
** It depends upon the cereal. Banana’s and Wheaties are THE BOMB. Berries go well with Rice Krispies or Kashi.
- Do you ever eat cereal straight out of the box? Drink milk directly from the carton?
** I’m single… of course I do.