Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
- Have you ever carefully set up dominos and then watched them fall? Or built a house out of playing cards?
** When I was a child I had a bucket of dominoes that I would set up and knock down, there were only about 50 of them so it wasn’t really that spectacular. When I attempt a house of cards, I can do the initial foundational floor, but attempting to add a 2nd floor has not happened.
- In this week's song, Big Pink lead vocalist Robbie Furze sings, "The hottest love has the coldest end." Have you ever had a relationship that started out so promisingly and passionately but then quickly flamed out?
** Every fuckin’ one of them! I’m worried the problem is me.
- This is from Big Pink's CD, A Brief History of Love. What about your personal history of love? How many times would say you have truly been in love?
** I was in a straight marriage for 15 years… 12 years after it lost any semblance of fun. Over the past five years, I’ve been in two relationships that were non-starters. The sex was great… but there needs to be more than that.
- Nicki Minaj sampled this song for her own, "Girls Fall Like Dominos." Nicki won't be back on American Idol this season. Is your reaction a) delight or b) sadness or c) a yawn.
** d) couldn’t possibly give a damn
- While nationally the news centers on foreign policy and the economy, Sam's hometown is abuzz over the new Asian-fusion restaurant on Main Street and whether it can get a liquor license. What's the big local story where you are?
** The next town over is on the last day of their annual rodeo. The Pendleton Round-Up is a week long celebration of the “real west” and debauchery.
- Mary Jane Kelley is believed to be the fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper. OK, now it's your turn. Share a random fact that's rattling around in your brain.
** There are more plastic flamingos in the US than real ones.
- Crazy Sam cursed last night when she dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot. (Hey! It really hurt!) When was the last time you swore?
** Five questions ago.
- Sam has a grocery bag filled with hoodies and t-shirts she no longer wants and plans to take them to The Salvation Army store. What do you do with your gently used clothes? Toss them or donate them or hand them down to a friend or relative?
** I take them to the Goodwill store. I don’t support The Salvation Army because they are a bigoted, anti-equality organization that won’t help you unless you make some sort of commitment to their brand of religion. I strongly advise people against supporting them and their mission of division. You can get more reasons to avoid the Red Bucket brigade HERE. On the other hand, Goodwill seeks to improve society and the lives of those at the bottom rung.
The Goodwill Mission Statement -- Every person has the opportunity to achieve his/her fullest potential and participate in and contribute to all aspects of life.
- Do you blush easily?
** It depends on the situation… but yes.