- Have you ever been to the opera?
- Maria Callas was often called a "diva." Is that a compliment or a criticism?
* I believe that in the original definition of the word (a distinguished female singer, usually of opera), yes. But the modern definition (a bitchy woman that must have her way exactly, or no way at all. often rude and belittles people, believes that everyone is beneath her and thinks that she is so much more loved than what she really is. selfish, spoiled, and overly dramatic); no, that would be a Kardashian.
- Aida was composed by famous Italian Giusseppe Verdi. In addition to opera, what else can the world thank Italy for?
* Well, there’s Italian food and Leonardo DiVinci. There’s also the Bergamasco brothers. See ‘more’ of these boys HERE (Site NSFW).
- Verdi was Italian and Callas was Greek. Would you rather vacation in Italy or Greece?
* It is my hope one day to visit Tuscany. Once I saw that part of the country in the movie; The Gladiator, I was hooked. I seek out travel shows to the Tuscan region of Italy.
- The Marx Bros. starred in A Night at the Opera. What's the funniest movie you have ever seen?
* Oh God… that is a tough question. The Hangover, Tommy Boy, or What about Bob?
- What's for dinner tonight?
* A group of friends and I are going out to the local mediocre Chinese Buffet. I won’t post about them here… but follow me on Facebook or FourSquare and I’ll check-in later. I have been to places that are SO MUCH better, but it’s what we have in this unwashed armpit of a town.
- Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
* Nope… I hope to one day find that one special teddy-bear who will put a ring on my left hand.
- Sam Winters (the author of this meme) has a scratchy throat and watery eyes. How do you treat the common cold?
* Shots of Jack until I don’t care anymore.
- Do you need your glasses (or contacts) when you drive?
* I don’t have ‘all-purpose’ glasses currently, the glasses I wear are for reading and computer work. I know I will need a pair for all the other times when I go in for my bi-annual eye check this spring.