Wednesday, January 2, 2013

TMI Thursday–Happy New Year!

Sean at Just a Jeep Guy started it, now all the cool kids are doing it.

 2013-Snake-Year-Facebook-Cover-Photo

  1. Entertainment – I am a HUGE movie fan so I’m looking forward to a number of big movies in 2013. Oz the Great and Powerful (3/8), Iron Man 3 (5/3), Star Trek: Into the Darkness (5/17), Hangover 3 (5/24), Man of Steel (6/14), The Lone Ranger (7/3), The Wolverine (7/26), One Direction 3D Concert Movie (8/30), Thor: Dark Worlds (11/8). I’m sure there will be a number of others that will catch my eye along the way. I see there is a new Jack Ryan movie scheduled to release in December. Jack Ryan is the hero of a series of Tom Clancy novels. Perhaps you’ve seen The Hunt for Red October or Patriot games. It seems that we have Chris Pine playing our intrepid hero. Guessing by the synopsis, it is the film adaptation of The Cardinal of the Kremlin.
  2. Politically – I am tired of the political rancor of 2012; especially the bullshit of the “Fiscal Cliff”. The US is already circling the drain, the GOP should just get it over with. I don’t believe we should have bailed out ANYONE in 2008-09 and I think we should have went sailing off the “fiscal cliff” in Thelma & Louise style. The sequester is now set for March and the debt ceiling cluster-fuck is scheduled around that time as well. If the GOP wants to flush the toilet… let’er swirl!
    I would love for someone to show true leadership in this country. Our President needs to grow a pair and stop sending Uncle Joe to do his dirty work. I want to see the Democratic party grow a spine and call the GOP on their bullshit! 
  3. Globally – I’d like to see some stabilization in the Middle East, an early end to the War in Afghanistan and for climate change to be taken seriously.
  4. Personally – See the post HERE.
  5. Friends – I have some great friends. I will continue to do my best to be there for them when they need someone.
  6. Family – My twin daughters are graduating from high school this year. I’d like to take them on a camping trip to the Coast one more time before they turn 18. It is my hope that as they grow they will continue to willingly spend time with their old dad. My son will head into his junior year; he has big plans to get noticed by college scouts. I hope he does the hard work to make his dreams come true.

BONUS

tmiSexually – I met a tremendous guy on 12/12/12. We are in the early stages of something great. Both of us are having feelings that make us ready to make commitments. But both of us have been there before where making fast decisions led to disaster. He lives in a town about 90 miles away so we get to spend weekends with each other. He’ll be here this weekend… bow chicka bow wow!

TMI Questions
Fun, slightly embarrassing questions designed to reveal Too Much Information for my blog, between you and your significant other and among you and your friends and/or family.

POST YOUR TMI ANSWERS Post and answer the questions on your blog or tumblr page and then post the link in the comments so that others can read your answers, visit your website and get to know you too. I usually post my answers on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...