Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here

**Wantonly stolen from Tony at West of Mayberry

IMG_0098I love Christmas-time. The decorations, the music, and my family. Like with many other things in my life, I know I am trying to make up for the dystopian nightmare that was my childhood.

  1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? I’m partial to Hot Chocolate, stirred with a peppermint stick to give it that holiday spirit.
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa has a tremendous workforce who are able to wrap just about anything expedience allows. This means things like bicycles or scooters aren’t wrapped, but their giftedness is signified by an XL bow.
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I’ve been using a set of pastel lights on the tree for the past three years. I want to move back to colored lights, but I’ve been resistant because I’m not that thrilled with the brilliant colors of the new fangled LED lights. I’ll see what the post-Christmas sales have to offer, I may make the leap. Outside, is predominantly colored lights as well.
  4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have, when I’ve had someone to fulfill the implied contract.
  5. When do you put your decorations up? The tree and other interior decorations go up Thanksgiving weekend. The outdoor festivities are installed the 2nd weekend of December. I don’t feel like giving the electric company more money that absolutely necessary.
  6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? I love HAM at Christmas with a side of scalloped potatoes.  
  7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? We were at my Grammy & Papa’s house one Christmas my sister and I slept on cots in the living room which made the threats “Santa won’t come until you’re asleep” so much harder to accomplish. That is, until I heard the sleigh bells outside… then Grammy came in and said, “Santa just passed us by”. There was much weeping and wailing. But sleep eventually came… and so did Santa.
  8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I still believe. I believe that Santa is the personification of the joy, family and giving of the season. So long as you get joy in that feeling that comes from seeing someone truly enjoy the gift they have received… Santa lives.  
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. The joy of Christmas morning… seeing what Santa left in the stockings… is all worth the wait.
  10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Nothing says “holiday” like sugar cookies… and Jack, Santa likes a shot of Jack.  
  11. Snow! Love it or hate it? I love “looking” at the snow, but I hate going out into it… mainly because of the way snow makes other drivers lose their ever loving minds.
  12. Can you ice skate? Good Lord! Can you imagine this body on rails?
  13. Do you remember your favorite present? A Radio Flyer wagon
  14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas to you? Building memories & traditions with my kids that they will share with their kids.
  15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Russian Tea Cakes
  16. Favorite tradition? Pizza and board games on Christmas Eve, Santa loads the stockings, watching Christmas movies (Muppet Christmas Carol, The Grinch, Christmas Vacation and The Christmas Story)
  17. What tops your tree? A star.
  18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving? Giving (see #8) 
  19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? I love Christmas music. I have over 300 Christmas songs on my iTunes. I love Michael Buble, Harry Connick and of course Bing Crosby.
  20. Candy Canes? meh… I use them to stir my hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...