Saturday, September 22, 2018

Tap... Tap... Is this thing on?

Well, it's been...
  • Three years, Eight Months and Five days
  • 192 weeks
  • 1,344 days
… since my last post here. The popular consensus amongst people in my life is that Facebook killed blogs. It's so much easier to click like, share an article or a picture, make an announcement, shout at people who are different than you or just passively participate in the online society than to ponder a topic and compose an articulate essay in order to share an experience, epiphany or opinion. 

In my absence, a number of things have happened in my life and in our world that I would have shared here, but I got lazy. Facebook is just so much easier; and that is a BAD thing as the results of the easy way out are played out on the national stage. 

You know the BIG bad thing that happened in Washington DC and continues to assault our sensibilities on a daily basis. But LIFE is lived with people and are measured in days and moments and accomplishments and changes that we move through every moment of every day. Since I've been gone... 
  • I've met and married a wonderful man
  • Travelled to a number of new places around the US
  • My two youngest children have graduated high school and are attending college. 
  • I no longer work for a Child Welfare agency
  • I'm now a social worker for a secure treatment facility for people adjudicated "Guilty Except for Insanity"
  • I'm a licensed Sex Offender Therapist
  • I'm a (soon to be) Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
  • We have adopted three rescue kitties, for a total of four fur-babies which includes two mini-panthers. 
  • I've essentially given up my struggle to lose weight. It is what it is. 
That's the major parts of my life over the past 3+ years, let's see what happens in this space next... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...