Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Stealing: 5,000 question meme–Episode V

The 5000 question meme has been tormenting bloggers for years; no one has completed it… that anyone knows… 

The folks at Sunday Stealing have posted four previous installments of this meme, so I’m late to the game with Episode V. 101. What does happiness/joy feel like physically?
* To me, it feels like impending doom. Something that is short lived, because there is usually another shoe that has to drop.

102. List five things you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.

1. My kids
2. Sunny weekends
3. An unplanned afternoon off.
4. The feeling after a workout.
5. Snuggling under the covers.

103. How many movies have you gone to see this year?
* Thus far, I have only seen “Les Miserables” in 2013.

104. If you could have 3 wishes...but none of them could be for yourself, what would 803290_10151541179933833_1638354140_nyou wish for?
1. A Congress that actually had “We the People” at heart and not their pimps.
2. Marriage Equality
3. A cure for all types of cancer.

105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?
* I drink until the feeling is numbed… a good cigar also helps.

106. How much money would it take to get you to sell your blog address?
* When I was trying to make a go at a blog that made money I had a couple domains. I sold one for $600.

107. Have you ever been hunting?
* Yes, once. I later realized that there is meat hunting-because-shopping-for-food-at-the-store-is-just-too-mainstream-fcd218in convenient packages at Safeway that doesn’t require freezing my ass off and going without showering.  

108. Have you attempted this 5000 question meme in the past?
* No

109. What do you think of cloning?
* I don’t really think about it. But I understand there is some progress being made on making replacement parts to-order for people who have been in terrible accidents or are on a donor wait list.

110. Do you read or watch TV more often?
* Honestly, I watch too much TV.

111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety?
* There’s always a line. Our freedoms are limited at the point they infringe on those of another individual. One guy tried to light his shoe on fire to trigger a bomb. Now I have to take my shoes off at the airport… small price to pay.

112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive?
* Well, this is a bit out of date. He got what he had coming. If I caught him, I would turn him over to the closest law enforcement agency.

113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?
* No

114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?
* Yes, I was a dj/talkshow host for various radio stations for about 12 years. I really do have the perfect face for radio, so no TV for me.

115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?
* No… and if I did… see answer 101.

116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?
* Not that I’m aware of, unless you count a successful job interview? bob-ross

117. Have you ever watched The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross?
* Yes, I love that show. From time to time, they air it on our local OPB station.

118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living?
* My maternal grandfather was a prison guard and my Grammy was a registered nurse. My paternal grandfather was a truck driver and my Grandma was a cook at the state hospital. I’m not sure about my great grandparents.

119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?
* There is a family story that my great-grandmother Harrison was President Benjamin Harrison’s cousin. I’ve started doing an ancestry.com family tree until I realized all the good stuff is a paid service. I may get to that one day. 

120. Is there anyone you trust completely?
* No… I’ve learned that lesson painfully.

1 comment:

  1. interesting that one guy tried to put a bomb in his shoe and now we all have to remove our shoes but no mater how many are saughtered by guns we can't evev DISCUSS changes to ANY gun laws.

    ReplyDelete

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...