Thursday, November 29, 2012

TMI Thursday - Powerball

Some months ago, Sean over at Just a Jeep Guy began TMI Thursdays. Several of the blogs I read regularly participate and I thought I would jump in the pool. With the latest furor over POWERBALL, the multi-state lottery jackpot that was last listed at upwards of $585 million. I buy lottery tickets from time to time when the feeling strikes, regardless of how big the jackpot. But when it gets crazy big, I buy a couple tickets for myself as well as participate in the obligatory office pool. Hope springs eternal that the lightning bolt will strike me. I hear that someone in Missouri and Arizona has a chance to allow their dreams... or nightmares to come true.

LOTTO FEVER - What would you do... or NOT do? **I've actually given this a lot of thought**

1. For your family - I would set up accounts with the Oregon College Savings Plan for each of my kids. That way they have to meet academic criteria in order to access the funding. I would also set up trust funds for each of them that they wouldn't be able to access until they've achieved some level of maturity. But for right now... we would go on vacations. And they wouldn't want for anything.
2. For your Friends - I've watched those "Post-Lottery" shows enough to know that there will be countless "friends" who come out of the woodwork. For those friends who have stuck with me through the last 5 years, those who helped me out of tough spots., those who were there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen to me whine... I know who you are. You will share in my fortune.
2a. For my Ex - I would hire a real lawyer and try to reverse the ass-reaming I got in the divorce when I bought into the bullshit that it was all so amicable. I would also have a legal document drafted where I would offer her a a sizable chunk of the jackpot for her cooperation. After all, while she is a hateful, vengeful, angry religious nut... she is the mother of my children.
3. For yourself - The usual... a new car, a condo on the coast and one in the Pearl District in Portland and the ability to travel... I would be able to afford the Lap-Band surgery so I can lose weight become more active, more self-confident and look good for the 25 year old muscle bear I intend to woo. I would be able to afford to gain licensure as a LCSW (Licenced Clinical Social Worker). Since I would no longer have to work I would be able to work on my passions.
4. For Charity - I would set up a foundation that would offer grant funding to organizations that promote GLBT rights, assist people living with HIV and education to prevent the spread of HIV. I would also give a LARGE chunk of money to Basic Rights Oregon as they work to get Marriage Equality on the ballot.
5. For Revenge - Living well is the best revenge.. See Item 2a.

6. For PURE EVIL - In the State of Oregon children in divorce proceedings who are 13 and older are allowed to choose where they live, as a part of reversing the ass-reaming. I would allow my children the right to choose. They weren't allowed that last time. In fact it was written into the mediated agreement that they didn't have that right. As I mentioned... she is an angry, vengeful, hateful religious nut; and after four years it hasn't moderated.  Also, if I can't snare me a sexy muscle bear on my own, I'll buy one. There are plenty of sites when I can find me a rent boy.

POST YOUR TMI ANSWERS
Post and answer the questions on your blog or tumblr page and then post the link in the comments so that others can read your answers, visit your website and get to know you too. I post my answers on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...