Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday 9: Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart


  1. This song is about love at first sight. Do you believe that immediate attraction lasts?
    I believe in LUST at first sight. There has to be something carnal that attracts one to another, beyond that there must be a deeper connection in order to make the relationship last.
  2. The lyrics mention "a breath of spring" and robins singing. Now that we're deep into winter, what do you miss about spring?
    Daylight, heat, green, beauty, purpose… LIFE.
  3. Though the world knew her as Judy Garland, this week's featured artist was born Frances Gumm and her family called her "Baby." Does your family have any pet names for you?
    To the people that matter, I’m Dad. The Boy calls me “old man” when he’s feeling brave.
  4. bustin-out2Because she was petite -- just 4'11 -- it was obvious when Garland gained even a few pounds and consequently she battled her weight her whole life. Now that we're in the new year, have you made any resolutions about your own diet?
    Over the past two years I’ve lost a total of 130 lbs. (see widget in sidebar), I’d like to lose another 45-50 lbs. Whether that happens this year or beyond… it’s a significant goal.
  5. The year this song came out, 1939, was the year Garland's most famous movie, The Wizard of Oz, was released. Which of her three traveling companions is your favorite: Scarecrow, Tin Man or Cowardly Lion?
    I loved Scarecrow. He was intellectually curious and demonstrated critical thinking skills. When I was younger, I didn’t know that was what he was doing, but I respected him for it.  
  6. Barry Manilow enjoyed Judy's performance of this song so much he did a "dream duet" with her and included it in his recent CD. What performer who is no longer with us do you wish you could have seen in concert?
    That is a tough one. I am really into music so the list is long. John Lennon, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles… I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn the summer before he died, but I’d love to see him again. The one that tops the list though, Freddie Mercury!
  7. Judy had a terrible problem with tardiness. Are you usually prompt?
    Yes
  8. lgbtyouthDuring World War II, Judy worked tirelessly to entertain the troops. Tell us about a cause that's near and dear to your heart.
    Homeless youth. Generally they are homeless because they are LGBT and their “christianist” families are so full of love they have disowned their child. Fargin’ Bastages!
  9. The American Film Institute lists Garland as the 8th greatest movie star of all time. Who is your all time favorite actor or actress?
    John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Maureen O’Hara, Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter, Alan Rickman, Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, Doris Day, James Garner… shall I go on?

3 comments:

  1. Your answer to #9 made me smile. Such an eclectic list! Maureen O'Hara and Robin Williams. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these... thanks for sharing. HAPPY SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete

He's Guilty!

This has been quite a week for those of us who work with sex offenders and their victims. Bill Cosby; "Americas' Dad", was ...